Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Confession

I have a confession to make.  Christmas is one of my least favorite holidays.  Mind you, it's not the meaning behind the reason we celebrate Christmas that makes me dislike it...it's all the hoopla, craziness, overkill of buy, Buy, BUY...bigger is better...more is better...make yourself crazy trying to be the "perfect" hostess, giving the "perfect" gift, yada yada yada.  I know I sound a little "Scroogish" but it's honestly how I feel.  It doesn't help when you're sick over the holidays.  I've already started to dismantle the decorations.  I like the clean feeling of the house after everything has been taken down, put away and scrubbed clean.  Fortunately we have a short winter here in the big valley (about 6 weeks).  I'll hunker down for the month of January enduring the fog (if we ever get any rain!) and cold weather.  Then as if magic about mid February the fruit trees start to blossom out.  By the end of February the Blossom Trail is resplendent in her colorful glory.  Ahhh, the promises of spring that will shortly follow. 

I hope your Christmas was everything you had wished for.  I think next year I'll spend mine on a Caribbean Island.

No comments: