Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 21, 2013

Pantry Challenge Week 4

 
 
One of these days I'm going to find more time to blog (famous last words!).  I've  taken the Pantry Challenge and even though I've done well at cleaning out the pantry and not buying much, I've been hitting some great meat stock up prices for the freezer.  My freezers overfloweth!  Because of this, I plan to average my spending over two weeks.
 
Humorous story, we made a quick Costco run yesterday and I'm trying to just buy things we absolutely need.  The main reason I needed to go was for some beauty/health products. As I'm deciding I don't need some of the things on my list DH looked at me and said "are we having a money problem?".  I laughed and said no, I'm just trying to use what we have and not spend extra.  It's a challenge.  He doesn't get it.  He does not  budget or plan!  Need I say more?
 
Today is a holiday for me so I'm going to cook and shred some chicken in the crockpot.  DH likes to have meat to throw in a burrito if we need to make a meal quickly.  I'm going to make some chicken tortilla soup and freeze some lunch size portions for work. Dinner tonight will be bbq half of a London Broil we bought we for 47 cents (I had a $10 off coupon and say WE because I was sick so dh went to the store for me), with an oriental slaw.  Tuesday will be baked or bbq'd chicken breasts and baked potato (sweet potato for me).  To be honest, I haven't thought further than that.  I have a bazillion things to accomplish around the cottage on my day "off" so I guess I'd better get cracking.
 
Join me at Good Cheap Eats Pantry Challenge to see how everyone is doing.
 


No comments: