Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 22, 2008

Wish I Were Here

This cold is getting me down so I decided I better stay home in bed today. But in my dreams this is where I am...

If you don't recognize it, it is the Lone Cypress along the 17 Mile Drive in Carmel, California. The comedian and I spent a glorious October weekend in Monterey this past fall right after the Big Wedding . The weekend was made even sweeter because it was a gift. We stayed at the beautiful Monterey Marriott which included a fabulous breakfast buffet each morning. The weather couldn't have been more delightful and we were able to revisit many favorite haunts and ate wonderful seafood. We honeymooned in Monterey 37 years ago (yikes! that was a looooong time ago!!!). So, as I lay in bed during this dreary, drizzly February day...I wish I was there.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh me too!!! Wish I was there! How I long for warmth and sunshine and warmth! Did I say I wish I were warm?? :)

What a beautiful dream! I have to live vicariously through you west coasters. I've never been to Cali. Someday...