Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I made it! My big day is almost over but I'll be celebrating through the weekend with various friends and family. Yesterday my co-workers really surprised me. My office was decorated with black balloons, funny posters, two nickels glued together all over (the double nickel birthday don't ya know), fun gifts and bags of nickels (like $20 worth), two new 5 dollar bills put together so it was folded up with just the two number 5s showing next to each other. Too much fun. Then they ordered lunch in from my fave sandwich shop with cake and ice cream for dessert. I'm really going to miss these folks! I get very sad thinking about it. I leave the 8th floor May 1st for a promotion in the Business Services Dept. on the second floor. Our department is like a big family. I know it won't be like this downstairs but I'm sure I can remember how to get to the 8th floor to visit.
Tonight my mother treated us to my fave Mexican food restaurant and then I had to make a quick stop by Marshall's to return some sheets I had bought (wrong color). I found a fabulous suit on my way through the store for only $40. Had to spend some of my birthday money before it burned a whole in my pocket. The children reminded me I qualify for senior discounts at a lot of places in town. Hardy, har, har. I guess they thought they were funny....NOT! All in all I'd say turning this double nickel number ain't so bad after all.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Happy Belated Birthday! My hubby hit the double nickels last year. I hope your day was as wonderful!