Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wishful Thinking

Time is flying by at the speed of light and I'm having a hard time jumping off the ride onto a new plane. One that takes life at a more leisurely pace. With the start of the new job, life has been waaaaay more hectic than I had envisioned. Remember when you were a kid and you could hardly wait until the lazy days of summer? Time spent under a tree just chatting with your friends ,make chains out of the clover and coming up with grand schemes. Ahhhh, those were the days! Life now is full of work, work and more work. On the weekend there are the chores around the house to take care of, groceries to be bought, bills to be paid, etc, etc, etc. I really, REALLY want to enjoy some lazy time. Time to read a book, take a long, leisurely stroll, eat some homemade ice cream and strawberries. I want to be sucked into a time machine and taken back through a time warp to the summer days of my youth. Not a care in the world. No where to go and no one to see. Calgon, take me awaaaayyyyy!

No comments: