Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 28, 2009

Wii Believe

I have to start off with a disclaimer. I'm not a game fan. As in video games, computer games, etc. But the Wii has made a believer out of me. Or should I say the Wii Fit Plus has. SIL/BIL got one for Christmas and they kept raving about it. Yesterday in a weak moment I agreed to pool resources (gifts cards and Christmas money) with The Comedian and The Prodigal Son to get one. I let them set it up and mess around with it last night. Mainly because I didn't want to set up my profile in front of everyone (it does an evaluation of your height/weight/age and a brief balance test to come up with your BMI and fitness age. The son's age was 44, my niece's age (and this is a cute little 31 yo who isn't overweight and appears fit) was 46 (she was NOT amused). I completed my evaluation round and my fitness age was ...49...not bad for a fat, 56 year old post menopausal woman, lol. I had a ton of fun figuring out some of the games, er, exercises. I really like the hula hoop and yee gads, 3 hours later I can feel it in my waist and hips. Hopefully I'll be motivated to get my carcass up out of bed a little earlier (like 4:45, yikes!) and get going on the weight loss and get healthier for the new year. Oh ya, I DO believe, baby!

No comments: