Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 8, 2010

Soup's On!



The thing I like about cold weather is soup. I could eat it EVERY night for dinner. I mean, come on, there are a bazillion different soup recipes! This is Alton Brown's lentil soup from the Food Network site. Tonight I made this lentil soup recipe (with a few alterations for personal preferences) and oh...my...goodness, was it ever good!!! Even The Comedian liked it. I could tell he was skeptical at first but after a couple of spoonfuls, he started scarfing it down. My changes were to use a combo of vegetable stock and chicken stock rather than water, add about 3/4 tsp. cumin and a little more salt. I also used the emmersion blender to get the texture and consistency I wanted. It is soooo healthy. It's a keeper for sure.

No comments: