Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 11, 2008

Beating the Heat



While friends and family are sweltering in the 110 plus degree heat, we're at the beach at Morro Bay (that is Morro Rock in the picture) where it is 61 and foggy. We have had such a wonderful, relaxing time that it is hard to imagine it will be over tomorrow. It should be a mere 99 degrees tomorrow at home.






















We saw several classes of young (I mean pre-teen) students in their wetsuits learning how to surf.






















Spotted a hungry Egret looking for lunch.





















This Sandpiper just gobbled down his lunch.



And collected shells along the beach (I have walked a TON and climbed a bazillion stairs...have to work off the trillion calories I've eaten on vacation).

The Bride and Groom are meeting us for lunch today at our favorite oceanside restaurant. We'll shop a little, walk more on the beach and then The Comedian and I plan to have an intimate dinner by ourselves at a fave restaurant that just reopened after a three year remodel. I can hardly wait. I think I will be going home two sizes larger than when I came!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I just read that you are home. I wish I were there though! It actually cooled off a little today. Only 98°! Yuck. I was wondering if the air over there was affected by the fires. Hopefully we'll get to the coast next month. I'm corssing my fingers!

Betty said...

crossing them too! oops