Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Decorating for Fall

I...love...fall! We're even starting to get a little taste of it. The mercury managed to creep down into the 80's with the 70's in sight for the weekend with a chance of rain. I got out my fall decorations this weekend and had fun decorating. I still have some "tweaking" to do and I need a couple of new fall colored candles. It is dark now and my pictures don't come out well this time of the day but I wanted to share my favorite cabinet with you. This is the only cupboard in our kitchen that has a glass door. Rather than put "useful" things in it I like to decorate it for the season. I picked up that darling pumpkin platter at TJ Maxx last weekend (I live waaaaay to close to that store!). Everything else are treasures from years past.


Speaking of mercury I picked up a cool mercury glass pumpkin and candle holder (yep, you guessed it, TJ Maxx again) and two large mercury glass Christmas trees hopped in my cart too! Oh, if only that were all that hopped in for the ride ;o)

2 comments:

tammy said...

I love the idea of decorating for the fall...I just never seem to get around to it. Now for Christmas....that I make time for. Your shelves are very pretty and scream "Fall"! Good job!! :)

Cottage said...

I love your white pumpkins and the pumpkin platter.
I would like for you to send me the pumpkin pitcher in the very middle, please, that is mine...
:)
Melissa